Back to issue
ISSN 0474-8662. Information Extraction and Processing. 2020. Issue 48 (124)
Estimation of errors in determining corrosion grain sizes by analysis of diffuse light reflection signal
Karpenko Physico-Mechanical Institute of the NAS of Ukraine, Lviv
Keywords: corrosion spots, corrosion micro defects, corrosion grains, diffuse light reflectance, sizing, inverse problem, solution errors, signal discrepancy, metrics.
Cite as: Ivasiv I.B. Estimation of errors in determining corrosion grain sizes by analysis of diffuse light reflection signal. Information Extraction and Processing. 2020, 48(124), 25-34. DOI:https://doi.org/10.15407/vidbir2020.48.025
The approaches to estimation of lower boundary of the inverse problem solution error concerning the sizing the corrosion micro defects inside the submillimeter corrosion spots has been proposed. It is assumed that pointed error depends on random location of the corrosion spots. The method based on comparison of two estimations of light diffusion reflectance sensor’s signal discrepancy. The first estimation is based on the standard deviation for the discrepancy caused by randomly located corrosion spots. The second one is based on corrosion grains’ size deviation. Also, it is found that the discrepancy based on deviations of signal peaks positions provides more stable solution for the corrosion micro defects sizes.
1. Verkhovlyuk, A.M., Bezpalyi, A.A.; Naymenko, M.I.; Starodub, N.P.; Noga, A.P. Surface defects of products from argentum. Ukrainian Chemistry Journal 2009, 75, 112-115. [in Ukrainian]
2. Ostash, O.P.; Kondyr, A.I.; Vol'demarov, O.V.; Hladysh, P.V.; Kurechko, M.V. Structural microdamageability of steels of the steam pipelines of thermal power plants. Materials Science 2009, 45, 340-349.
3. Baltes, H.; Brand, O.; Fedder, G. K; Hierold, Ch.; Korvink, J.G.; Tabata, O.; Löhe, D.; Haußelt J. Microengineering of Metals and Ceramics. Part II: Special Replication Techniques, Automation, and Properties Wiley, 2005 306 p.
4. Jordan, A. Microstructure Characterization and Corrosion Properties of Two Recycled Aluminium Alloys AA5050 and AA6011. Ph.D. Dissertation, University of Manchester, Manchester 2016.
5. Ivasiv, I.B. Distribution of the sounding beam parameters on the working surface of the compact prism sensor of light diffuse reflection for analysis of the aerosol deposition characteristics. Environmental control systems: Coll. Science. works / NAS of Ukraine. MGI. Sevastopol, 2011, 16, 84-90. [in Ukrainian]
6. Ivasiv, I.B. Distribution of parameters of the probe beam on the working surface of a compact prismatic sensor of diffuse light reflection for the analysis of the characteristics of aerosol deposits // Environmental control systems: Coll. Science. works / NAS of Ukraine. MGI. Sevastopol, 2010, 14, P.12-18. [in Ukrainian]
7. Dzhala, R.M.; Dzhala, V.R.; Ivasiv, I.B.; Rybachuk, V.G.; Uchanin, V.M. Electrophysical methods of non-destructive testing of defects in structural elements. In Technical diagnostics of materials and structures Vol. IV.; Nazarchuk, Z.T. Ed.; Prostir-M: Lviv, 2018. [in Ukrainian]
8. Dzhala, R.M.; Ivasiv, I.B.; Chervinka, L.Ye.; Chervinka, O.O. Sensor of diffuse light reflection for early detection of paint-and-lacquer coatings damages. Information Extraction and Processing. 2015, 42(118), 58-67. [in Ukrainian]
9. Ivasiv I. B. Corrosion points sizing by smoothness criterion for signal envelope of light diffuse reflection sensor. Information Extraction and Processing. 2016, 44(120), 45-50. [in Ukrainian]
10. Ivasiv, I.B.; Dzhala, R.M. Peaks' Positions Estimation in Diffuse Light Reflection Sensor's Signal for Pitting Corrosion Detection. Measuring and Computing Techniques in Technological Processes: Proceedings of the XVI International. scientific and technical conference (June 10-15, 2016, Odessa). Odessa - Khmelnytsky, KhNU, 2016, P.50.
11. Okhrimenko, M.G.; Fartushny, I.D.; Kulyk, A.B. Ill-posed problems and methods of their solution: Textbook. Kyiv Polytechnic University: Kyiv. 2016.
12. Soprunyuk, P.M.; Pats, A.A.; Bachek, V.N. Estimation of the error in measuring the intensity of scattered radiation in the region of small angles in determining the characteristic parameters of the particle size distribution. Information Extraction and Processing. 1989, 4(80), 96-99. [in Russian]
13. Synyavskyy A.T. Mathematical model for increase of efficacy of estimate of inhomogeneous medium parameters from known distribution of scattered electromagnetic field: Dr. Sci. Dissertation. GV Karpenko Physico-Mechanical Institute, Lviv, 2016. [in Ukrainian]
14. Verlan, A.F.; Sizikov, V.S. Integral equations: methods, algorithms, programs. Reference manual. Naukova Dumka: Kyiv, 1986. [in Russian]
15. Fisher, R.B.; Naidu, D.K. A Comparison of Algorithms for Subpixel Peak Detection. In Image Technology: Advances in Image Processing, Multimedia and Machine Vision; Sanz, J.L.C. Ed.; Springer: Berlin, Heidelberg, 1996. 385-404.
16. Dzhala, R.M.; Ivasiv, I.B.; Chervinka, O.O.; Chervinka, L.E. Modeling and experimental studies of the signal of the diffuse light reflection sensor to estimate the concentration and size of corrosion ulcers on the metal surface. 4th International Scientific Conference "Measurement, Monitoring and Diagnosis in Technical Systems" 2017. [in Ukrainian]